At the end of last year, as the Chair of the 20/20 Trust, I made a call for new board members. It is with great pleasure that I welcome 4 new Trustees to the 20/20 Trust.
- Marg Mcleod, is a very well-respected individual in the Education space and has build strong relationships within government. As we focus on reaching those that are most digitally excluded, government will continue to be a key stakeholder for us to work together in achieving this.
- Fritz Evile, a young, New Zealand born Samoan who has worked in the tertiary space with MoE, NZQA and now social services. Fritz is an advocate for equitable outcomes achieve in a culturally appropriate manner for Pacifica. With 45% of the learners 20/20 Trust bring in being from a Pacifica background, this will be key to our success.
- Melissa Hall, come from a background of economics, strategic operations and brings with her a powerful analytical and research-based mind. She is all about programs with measurable impact, but more importantly for the story behind the impact to take centre stage. Even with the 20/20 Trust having more than 20 years’ experience, this is something we want to continue to highlight.
- Barbara Biblich, grew up in Tokoroa and understands the growing needs of pacific communities in the Waikato. Her expertise in marketing and communications will help 20/20 Trust tell our story in a much more compelling and engaging way, as we evolve as an organisation.
This week the 20/20 Trust kicked off the new decade with our first Board meeting comprising of our much more diverse and skilful set of ten Board members. We had a very robust discussion on how we would achieve our 3 strategic goals:
- Transforming 20/20 Trust to a truly Bicultural organisation
- Delivering social impact at scale
- Reaching the final 20% of the most digitally excluded communities