As a learner, after taking part in one of our digital inclusion programmes you will be able to:
- access an affordable digital device and an affordable internet connection
- gain key skills and confidence to use your digital device and the Internet
- understand how the digital world can help you connect and give you opportunities for your learning, your life, and your work
- know and trust that what you do online is safe and without harm.
You will attend a class—either in-person or remotely online—and learn and connect with others with needs similar to yours. Our trained facilitators will be there with you all the way to teach you and guide you through the course modules. We’ll also help you to set some future learning goals.
Note we do not offer computer training as such to any individuals. Instead, we work with partner organisations and groups to assist those in communities to get online and gain the skills and confidence they need.
Our Digital Literacy Skills workbook is designed to give you the skills so you can quickly become familiar and confident with using your device.
On completion of the programme you will be able to:
• Use email effectively and efficiently
• Complete an online survey
• Understand how to care for and navigate around your device
• Use a word processing programme, spreadsheets and prepare a slides presentation
• Search effectively on the internet
• Understand how to keep yourself and your family safe online
• Develop and achieve a goal through an Individual Learning Plan
• Get a login to Google Classroom to access further learning.