Read more on the Spark Jump pages (on the Stepping UP website) or scroll down for a summary.
Why would I want Spark Jump?
Spark Jump is great for families who
- have school-aged children
- know that home internet access is important to their child’s education and can really lift their academic achievement
- struggle to pay larger fixed monthly internet charges but can manage $10
- don’t want to be tied to a contract, but want the flexibility of pre-pay that you can renew or not as you wish
It’s also good for accessing health, government, shopping and job sites, and so can increase your employability, financial and general well-being. It’s easy to keep an eye on how many GigaBytes you’ve used, so you don’t run out unexpectedly.
Can I get Spark Jump?
Spark Jump is not available for everyone, and it is not available through the Spark Foundation or for purchase at Spark stores. Spark Foundation works with local community-based organisations (Spark Jump providers) who identify and refer eligible families. You can get Spark Jump if ALL these apply:
- you are a carer for school-aged children (up to age 18)
- your household does not have an existing internet connection
- your home is in Spark Jump 4G or 4G 700 coverage – easy to check at www.spark.co.nz/shop/internet/wirelessbroadband
How do I get Spark Jump?
If you meet all three conditions, you will need to contact your local Spark Jump partner. Most of these are 20/20 Stepping UP training partners who run short workshops to guide you through setting up and looking after your Spark Jump modem at your local library, community centre or Spark Jump provider.
20/20 Trust is looking for more partners to extend Spark Jump to new areas. If you have a community facility with computers and access to the internet – for example a library, school, marae or community technology centre, and would like to make Spark Jump available in your community, click here to register your interest in becoming a local Spark Jump partner.